Sustainable energy is becoming more and more important to consumers, but running a solar business online hasn’t gotten any easier. The competition is as stiff, which means you’ll need to come up with new and better ways to sell in such a crowded landscape.
Here are new easy-to-do marketing strategies.
1. Using Your Website As a Solar Marketing Platform
More and more companies are skipping physical storefronts in favor of online-only operations. It saves money on overhead, but it also puts you in a sea of millions of other businesses competing for attention. Your solar website has to become a kind of lamp that attracts potential customers to your business without breaking the bank.
To achieve that, the website needs to:
- Run well under pressure. Visitor traffic may jump suddenly, and you won’t always be able to predict when you’ll need to handle more stress. It’s better to do stress testing in advance to make sure the website can continue to work even with high demand.
- Make it easy for potential customers to find what they’re looking for. The user experience (UX) should naturally guide customers from one part of the website to the next.
- Provide content that establishes your business as an expert in the solar energy field. Whether in the form of blog posts, articles, or an ongoing newsletter, feel free to share your thoughts on the latest events. Sites that answer customer questions rank well on search engine ranking results.
Which brings us to the importance of search engine optimization (SEO).
Your website’s place on the search engine results page (SERP) will depend on its performance, level of usefulness, and ease of access. These are all things you can improve with time.
This will help raise your site to a higher position in the search rankings and connect you to more customers. With an influx of artificial intelligence available to help you rank, it can be difficult (and frustrating) to keep up. Our SEO strategies, powered by the intelligence of our Ranking.AI software, can clear away the clutter when it comes to better results.
2. Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for Solar Companies
There’s no doubt about it: SEO is important for solar companies, just like it is for others. It’s the biggest factor that decides whether your website will be seen by your target audience.
Here are a few ways to boost your SEO qualities:
- Emphasizing local SEO. It’s okay if you can’t compete with the larger solar companies. You don’t need to. Your only target is the customers in your own service area, which makes things a lot simpler. Make sure your website is registered with Google My Business and the areas you service are always up-to-date.
- Providing ample space for backlinking. “Buzz” is one of the primary ways Google and other search engines know how to rate your website. If you have content that makes other people talk about it and link to your site from theirs, that’s going to give you a huge advantage in the SERPs.
- Conducting detailed keyword research and analysis. You’ll want to rank for keywords relevant to the solar business in your physical area, such as “solar panels in Reading, PA.” Get to know your audience, understand what they’re likely to search for, and build your website with the right keywords so your local target customers find you first.
No matter how crowded the digital landscape might get, SEO can mark you out as special. This will bring paying customers to your physical or digital doorstep in a hurry.
3. Build a Thriving Community on Social Media
Social media isn’t just a place for light conversation. It’s where your solar company can truly shine. You can speak with your entire audience here, either all at the same time with public posts or one-on-one through messaging features.
It’s a direct channel to your most valuable customers, but only if you engage with them in the right way.
A sustainable social media marketing strategy is built around:
- A content calendar that you stick to consistently. Use a content calendar to ensure you post regularly to build up your audience and keep their attention.
- Take the time to interact with your customers directly. Responding to comments is important, but it’s not the only thing. Ask for general feedback from people, promote new services, or conduct surveys about customer interests. Social media is a valuable tool for market research.
- Build your brand presence. There’s no replacing the website as your headquarters, but social media sites will be your outposts from now on. They’re places for you to extend your brand’s presence and visibility and reach a new audience.
If this seems like a lot, we can help you make it easier to manage your social media and connect with people who will want to support your solar business.
Shine Brighter With Scorpion at Your Side
As a full-service marketing agency, Scorpion shares your enthusiasm for building a more energy-sustainable world. Our team of marketing experts is here to help you run your best business. Contact us today to get started.