As a Training & Onboarding Specialist, you will be responsible for identifying knowledge and skill gaps that exist within our Franchise Delivery and Marketing Department. You will design, implement, and deliver training for new hires and existing employees, including client-facing digital project managers, other members of the delivery team, and marketing managers. As the team members you’ll train are responsible for creating franchise websites as well as managing the ongoing marketing objectives and relationships with franchisees, you’ll need to develop a strong understanding of the Franchise vertical, its roles, and what it takes to achieve success in order to assess and develop effective training programs.
To be successful in this role, you must have a strong L&D / training background paired with a comprehensive understanding of digital marketing, website marketing, social media marketing, SEO, SEM, as well as website development. A positive attitude along with the ability to hunt down solutions in a fast-paced environment is also crucial to success in this role.
- Drive the achievement of overall learning/onboarding objectives for the Franchise team through the delivery of training programs, curriculum, and comprehension assessments
- Develop a plan based on needs and deploy training for identified trainee groups
- Collaborate with Franchise Leadership, Business Leaders, People Operations, and other subject matter experts to identify Franchise training needs
- Partner with L&D team members to develop relevant and engaging training content that caters to various adult-learning styles including web-based learning, instructor-led, blended instruction, and virtual sessions while creating documentation, guides, videos, training assets, etc.
- Develop training manuals, pre-work, learning activities and/or provide feedback to team members to ensure we provide the most concise yet effective resources for the team’s success
- Create and design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria
- Set objectives, track progress, and makes revisions to improve content effectiveness and drive learning objectives
- Design practical and engaging solutions that target specific job roles
- Immerse yourself in the inner workings of all things Franchise to become a subject matter expert
- Design a training program for the Digital Project Manager role and deploy with new hires
- Assist Marketing Managers with training needs based on leadership team request
- Administer course surveys and analyze survey feedback for future adjustments
- Manage the scheduling of training and courses Moderate and facilitate learning sessions and webinars
- 5+ years’ experience, preferably in a Learning & Development role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a relevant field such as Organizational Development, Organization Behavior, Learning, Instructional Design, Communications OR equivalent work experience in lieu of degree
- Comprehensive understanding of digital marketing and website development
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a master ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of the organization
- Proficient with LMS, LinkedIn Learning, Google Workspace, Microsoft Suite, etc.
- Experience building presentations and mapping out appropriate curricula for new and current employees
- Strong critical and strategic thinking skillsets
- Must have a positive attitude and results-driven mindset