The Accounting Manager performs a variety of general accounting and operational support tasks within the Accounts Payable/Accounting team. This position will handle a wide spectrum of tasks ranging from assisting with month-end close to overseeing Accounts Payable and elements of T&E budgeting, spending and reporting.
- Assist with month-end close, including booking journal entries, preparing and reviewing reconciliations and reports, and ensuring the accuracy of the general ledger accounts.
- Work with senior management in preparing, reviewing, and analyzing financial statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Oversee Accounts Payable, which entails ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded, invoices are accurately entered to the ledger, and credit card reconciliations are complete, etc.
- Reconcile intercompany transactions.
- Manage corporate travel and expense submission programs.
- Prepare cost reports, expense reports, vendor activity reports and other financial reports.
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Assist with annual financial statement and other audits.
- Research of technical accounting matters.
- Special projects and adhoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- CPA Certification Preferred
- Ability to adapt quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- 7+ years of accounting, accounts payable and/or equivalent experience in a commercial/professional environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications, Google Sheets and Docs
- Versatility with some CRM and ERP systems (Sage Intacct preferred)
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and applications of accounting principles
- Familiarity with financial reporting analysis
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Highly organized
- Adaptability with workflow, procedures and environment
- Self-direction and refined critical thinking
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry is mandatory, as is the ability to work with deadlines and multiple projects