About the Staff Accountant role:
The Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting and operational support tasks within the Accounts Payable/Accounting team. This position will handle a wide spectrum of tasks ranging from assisting with month-end close to running our biweekly A/P cycles and overseeing elements of T&E spending and reporting.
- Maintain financial records & ensure that financial transactions are properly recorded; including bank account activity, credit card transactions, lock box deposits and check payments.
- Run point on monthly bank & credit card reconciliations.
- Process and/or validate vendor invoices, credit card statements and reimbursement requests.
- Assist with month-end close entries; ensure the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts.
- Manage our corporate travel and expense submission programs.
- Prepare cost reports, expense reports, vendor activity reports and other financial reports.
- A significant amount of inter-departmental coordination with our Account Managers and Sales Coordinators is also to be expected when working with expense reports.
- Adhoc duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (with some accounting coursework preferred)
- 3+ years of accounting, accounts payable or equivalent experience in a commercial/professional environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications, Google Sheets and Docs
- Versatility with some CRM and ERP systems (Sage Intacct preferred)
- Familiarity with financial reporting analysis
- 10-key by touch
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Highly organized
- Adaptability with workflow, procedures and environment
- Self-direction and refined critical thinking
- Attention to detail and accurate data entry is mandatory, as is the ability to work with deadlines and multiple project.