The Learning & Development department exists at Scorpion to identify knowledge and skill gaps and provide learning and training opportunities that engage learners and assist in closing those gaps. This occurs through new hire Incubation, Scorpion University courses, department & vertical training, and reactive one-off skill-oriented training. The end goal of the department is to help ensure each Scorpion is competent, confident and content in their role.
As the L&D Curriculum Developer, you will be responsible for creating the Scorpion University course and training assets that engage learners in the training material to increase information retention.
You will partner with L&D team members and Subject Matter Experts in addition to thoroughly researching training topics to create valuable, engaging and accurate course content. You will translate your findings into various forms of course curriculum including workbooks, presentations, info-graphics, and e-learning course modules.Your creativity will shine through as you utilize your curriculum development expertise to decide how to format and present information for the optimal learning experience.
- Collaborate with L&D team and SME’s to identify skills or knowledge gaps among the organization.
- Communicates with leaders or subject matter experts to ensure the learning objective is met.
- Develops training content in response to identified training needs.
- Selects training tools or training delivery mechanisms, based on the materials being taught and the targeted audience.
- Creates and maintains course content, manuals, assets, or any other training materials.
- Coordinates guest trainers or subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Assesses the impact of training programs by measuring employee understanding of the subject matter.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods including understanding of training trends and best practices.
- Experience in content development from an educational perspective.
- Exceptional oral and written skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage time effectively.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (i.e. e Learning systems)
- A creative perspective and eye for detail.
- Prior experience working in technology companies.
- Models the Scorpion culture.
- Quickly adapt to changing environments.
- Performs well under pressure.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in G-Suite an Microsoft Office 365 programs.
Education & Experience
- 1-3 years’ experience (Preferably in a Learning role).
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Curriculum Development, Education, Instructional Design, Communications, or English preferred.