We’ve all heard the old philosophical question:
“If a tree falls in a forest and there’s nobody around to hear it, does it make a sound?”
Thanks to the laws of physics, you can argue that it does (impact → collision and vibration of air molecules → sound waves). But the idea is if no one is there to perceive the sound, it’s like it never existed in the first place.
The same concept applies to the business world:
If no one remembers your brand, does it actually exist?
Point being you can do all the branding and marketing you want for your business, but if your prospective customers never see your brand, or if they see it but don’t understand and remember it, it’s like your branding never existed in the first place.
And if customers don’t remember and resonate with your brand, they’re less likely to buy from you.
(Research shows 82% of consumers will select a brand they’re already familiar with when searching for a product or service online.)
So what do you do to get potential customers to notice and remember you?
Strengthen your online branding!
But to do that, you first need to know what needs fixing.
That’s where brand strength analysis comes into play. This is the process of analyzing your brand’s visibility, as well as its impact on your prospective customers.
The key is to not only look at what you’re doing for your branding efforts, but rather how your brand is being perceived.
Start by asking yourself if your prospective customers are…
- Seeing your brand?
- Remembering your brand?
- Engaging with your brand?
- Becoming brand evangelists (recommending your brand to others)?
Not sure how to tell? Here are...
3 areas to explore in your digital brand strength analysis...
- Do you have a memorable logo and tagline displayed on your website?
- Does your website have an eye-catching design that aligns with your overall brand?
- Is the design and branding consistent on every single page of the website?
- Do you have content that resonates with your audience and echoes your brand voice?
- Does your website stand out from those of your competitors?
Search Engine Visibility
- For the organic (unpaid) search results, Is your website ranking on the first page? And even better, is it ranking in the #1 position?
- Does your business show up in the local search results (the three results that appear below the map)?
- If you’re running pay-per-click search ads, is your ad one of the first ones appearing at the top of the results page?
- If you’re in an industry that’s eligible for Google Local Services Ads (LSAs), are your ads showing up in the top 3 featured ads?
- When people search for your brand by name, does your company’s website show up first, or a competitor’s?
Social Engagement & Online Reputation
- Does your business have profiles set up on social media and online review sites like Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, and Google My Business?
- Do you have social media followers, and is that number growing on an ongoing basis?
- Are people actually engaging with your content? (Likes, shares, comments, etc.)
- Are people mentioning and rating your brand on social media and online review sites? (And are the majority of these mentions and reviews positive?)
- Is your company using engaging digital content like video to build brand awareness and trust with potential customers?
If the answer to these questions is “no,” then your branding could use a boost.
If you’re interested in digging deeper into these questions, we’d love to help you out with a free brand assessment.
Just reach out to us and we’ll provide you with a thorough evaluation of your brand’s digital presence. We’ll not only cover the strengths and weaknesses of your digital brand presence, but we’ll also provide you with actionable steps you can take to give your branding more powerful impact on your prospective customers.