About the Software Engineer role on our Integrations' Team:
Scorpion is looking for a Software Engineer who is experienced with SQL and object-oriented design and development on a .NET platform to join our team. This person will be involved in all phases of the software development life cycle including requirements definition/analysis, design, estimating, developing, testing, and supporting build and deployment efforts. The Engineer will be a self-starter with a passion for learning and improving their skillset, specifically on the Microsoft platform or any other technologies or processes relevant to Scorpion.
Quality is hugely important to us here—hence meticulous attention to detail to deliver error-free code and spot and fix errors is crucial to this role. Since this is a collaboration-heavy environment, not only will you need exceptional communication skills to speak with peers and clients (internal and external to Scorpion), but you will also need to work effectively within and across teams to achieve shared goals.
- Design, code, test, and debug software according to specified requirements
- Document research and development efforts including design artifacts and appropriate code comments
- Develop proof-of-concept applications, as needed
- Use best practices in Microsoft .NET to ensure that application upgrade requirements are fully developed
- Build out custom integrations with third-party systems such as CRM, scheduling software, etc.
- Support various platforms.
- 4+ years of software development experience
- .NET Framework (4.0 or later)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- RESTful APIs.
- Building containerized solutions using microservices architecture.
- SPA development (using React or similar).
3+ years of experience in:
1+ year(s) of experience in
- .NET Core.
- Cloud technologies.
- Must be able to implement new features under minimal supervision.
- Positive and professional attitude with a willingness to “jump in” whenever necessary.