About the QA Manager role:
We’re looking for a QA Manager who is well-versed in both people and project management, has top-notch communication skills, and knows the art and science of Quality Assurance to join our Engineering team!
As a QA Manager at Scorpion, you’ll be a champion of quality, capable of influencing all parts of the organization, and comfortable communicating all the way up to executive leadership. You’ll be responsible for overseeing QA for our CRM system and mobile apps, ensuring that both areas you oversee have adequate and well-positioned resources to support large-scale projects. This is largely a people management role and will require experience overseeing FTE and Contract resources paired with a solid understanding of software testing and quality assurance.
While you will not be writing code in this role, you will need to be adept at managing the technical team responsible for typical software testing tasks—that being said, prior proven experience in a hands-on SDET and/or QA Engineer role along with manual testing experience is a must. Essentially, you need to understand the roles you are managing and how best to direct them. Success in this role will further require experience building test automation frameworks, communicating and reporting on various metrics to leaders, and the ability to be extremely diplomatic in all situations. You’ll be responsible for the QA process and the architecture of the test automation frameworks.
- Set QA architectural direction—design technical infrastructure of QA frameworks and processes.
- Utilize and coordinate resources effectively, ensuring peak performance/productivity as well as adequate resourcing to support a high volume of projects.
- Deal with competing priorities to uphold top-tier quality and release new integrations or features on time.
- Report on quality metrics to VPs of Engineering and work with the teams responsible for signing off on software entering into production.
- Support interviewing and hiring efforts and assist with onboarding new members of your team.
- Be diplomatic in all situations and able to communicate both proactively and knowledgeably across teams.
- Have a shared responsibility for release management.
- Be a “culture of quality” contributor and champion.
- This position will be responsible for providing direct supervision to a team of SDETs as well as the QA contractors on the mobile team. This leadership responsibility includes but is not limited to, managing ADP timecards and time-off requests, ensuring proper training, managing feedback and performance, and overall facilitating the success of the team they lead to the best of their ability.
- Must have previous hands-on experience as an SDET or QA engineer/test automation engineer.
- 2+ years of experience managing a test automation team.
- Experience in all phases of the software and testing life cycle, inception through deployment.
- Experience building and maintaining test automation frameworks and scripts.
- Strong functional testing background, including defining test strategy, test planning, test case design, and execution.
- Knowledgeable of Cypress, specifically web and API testing highly desirable.
- Experience with the Azure DevOps test suite is a plus.
- Experience with large-scale SaaS solutions.
- Must be comfortable and adept at communicating with both individual contributors as well as executive-level leaders on a regular basis.
- Strong problem-solving skills and able to triage under pressure and/or tight deadlines.
- Ability to make difficult decisions and advocate for quality even in the event of delays.
- Curious by nature and questions everything to ensure quality in every process and area of the organization.
- Small business management software experience.