About the Information Security Manager role:
We are looking for an Information Security Manager who enjoys security work and possesses both deep and wide expertise in the security space. You will make things more secure by protecting system boundaries, keeping computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks, and securing highly sensitive data. Qualified candidates will have a background in security or systems engineering.
- Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, and information.
- Identify and define system security requirements.
- Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cybersecurity designs.
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures, policies, and protocols.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks.
- Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents.
- Verbal and written responses to inquiries, questions, assessments, and concerns related to information security, data privacy, and digital security policy matters presented by clients, prospects, vendors, and business partners.
- Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes, and propositions for further system security enhancement.
- Provide company-wide security alerts for employee education.
- Consult with other departments on best-practice security methodologies.
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer in enterprise-level environments.
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security.
- Hands-on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with network security and networking technologies and with the system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web-related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service-Oriented Architectures) and network/web-related protocols.
- Problem-solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- CISSP certification.