As a Content Manager, your job is to create topical, valuable content pieces that serve each client’s marketing and SEO objectives. You will oversee the content strategy for up to 50-100 clients, balancing new content upon launch, incoming client requests, and recurring contracted assignments. Additionally, you will have a thorough understanding of SEO best practices as they apply to content development, and will apply SEO strategies to pages, blogs, and various other forms of content. You must be capable of researching and writing about specific, niche topics relevant to your vertical -- to do this you must be flexible, self-sufficient, and a quick learner.
Please include at least two research-based or long-form, blog writing samples in your portfolio when applying for this position.
- Comfortably writes 4,000+ words a day
- Follows written instructions and develops quality content as determined by the Project Manager, SEO Manager, Marketing Manager, and/or client
- Balances a variety of content duties, including content calendars, contracted content, unlaunched content, client requests, and internal requests
- Creates relevant, dynamic, topical blogs for clients who receive contracted content on a monthly basis
- Ensures all content is factually accurate, grammatically correct, and reflects the appropriate tone and objectives for the client
- Abides by launch dates and content deadlines
- 1-2 years of work
- Personal or professional ongoing writing, related education or job experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional writing experienced desired but not required
- Strong written communication
- Typing speed of 60 wpm or higher
- Concise and detail-oriented
- Desire to learn, research and increase knowledge-base