We have a big vision which is why we need you—an innovator and problem solver ready to revolutionize and empower businesses to succeed.
Scorpion is the leading provider of technology and services helping local businesses thrive. We do this by helping customers understand local market dynamics, make the most of their marketing, and deliver experiences their customers will love. We offer tools to know what’s going on with marketing, competitors, and customers. We offer a unique blend of AI support and teams of real human people with local expertise committed to customer success. At Scorpion, we are ready to do whatever it takes to help our clients reach their goals. Our technology and personalized tools bring everything together to help local businesses easily understand their unique business, market, and customer needs. We put SEO, Reviews, Advertising, Email Marketing, Chat and Messaging, Social Media, Website, Lead Management, Appointment Scheduling, and more to work for local businesses. We’re a technology-led service with a human touch.
About the Role
The Financial Reporting Manager will perform a variety of reporting, accounting, and operational duties within the Accounting Team. You will play an important role in the Accounting Team around financial reporting, month-end close, scaling accounting company infrastructure, improving processes, change management, and more. You will report to the Associate Accounting Director.
What You'll Need
What your success will look like
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting
- Month-end close processes
- Prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and trend analyses for a variety of accounts
- Research and writing of memoranda regarding technical accounting matters
- Acquisition accounting and integration as necessary
- Ensure financial data is in compliance with US GAAP
- Develop and put into effect internal financial controls to ensure the integrity of the company's closing process
- Assist in developing roadmaps for implementing/improving processes within the accounting function
- Finance systems implementation assistance
- Propose and implement accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business needs
- Prepare pro-forma historical financial data as necessary
- Establish and implement metrics to create priorities, performance goals, and objectives to ensure results
- Strengthen accounting and financial processes with the goal of achieving best practices and optimal output
- Support a “Service Department” philosophy to the department’s internal customers as well as working with external partners including third-party tax providers
What You'll Need
Who you are and what you bring
- This role requires Pacific Standard Time hours 8:30am - 5:30pm
- 5+ years of accounting experience in a growth-stage company, publicly traded company, or Big 4 accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical accounting guidance
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and analyses
- Technology: Savvy with financial and accounting reporting systems, Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Familiarity with Sage Intacct a plus
What You'll Need
- We invest in our employees by offering them diverse benefits from best-in-class carriers. These benefits provide enough choice and flexibility to keep our employees and their families healthy and happy — today and tomorrow.
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off, so you can rest, relax and recharge away from work
- Employee equity program
- Paid parental leave
- Paid cell phone and service
- Remote office allowance
- Professional development and development courses
- Regular manager check-ins to drive performance and career growth through Lattice
- Monthly company all-hands meetings
What You'll Need
- We acknowledge that states have passed legislation promoting pay transparency. As a national employer, Scorpion has made the decision to post our expected pay rate or pay range (as applicable) in all our job postings, regardless of geographic location.
- The base salary range is $90,000 (entry-level) - $115,000 (highly experienced), exclusive of fringe benefits. If you are hired at Scorpion, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education, and/or experience. Additionally, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer. Please keep in mind that the range mentioned above is the total salary range for the role. Hiring at the maximum of the range would not be typical in order to allow for future & continued salary growth.
- The compensation package may also include incentive compensation opportunities in the form of discretionary bonuses or commissions.