Whether it seems like every law firm in town is jumping on the video marketing bandwagon or they have been slow to adopt this strategy, there is something you should know...
Your firm NEEDS online video.
It’s no longer a matter of “if” video marketing is going to take over as the leading way to engage potential clients online, but “when.”
In fact, it already is.
There are over nearly 2 billion users on YouTube (roughly ⅓ of the Internet), and by the end of this year, it’s estimated that more than 80% of ALL web traffic online will consist of video.
Here are the top ways video can help you build exposure for your criminal defense firm and grow your practice...
1) Video gets your firm more visibility
As people spend more of their time on social media and video streaming platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, video becomes a leading strategy for capturing their attention.
Consider the fact that:
- On mobile devices alone, YouTube reaches more adults during primetime than any cable network.
- Videos posts on social media are shared 12X more than images and text posts COMBINED.
- Spending on video advertising makes up about a quarter of all digital ad spend.
So why is this important for your firm?
Because the explosive growth of video is a HUGE opportunity to get in front of more potential clients in your area and leave a powerful impression on them with engaging visual content.
You can post videos to your website, social media profiles, and YouTube channels to maximize exposure for your firm and get more potential customers engaging with your firm online. Experiment with various types of video content: introductory videos, client testimonial videos, educational videos, video ads, etc.
Pro Tip #1:
Google is taking a much closer look at “dwell time”, or the amount of time a user spends on any given page of your website. Dwell time is becoming a more important factor for how Google ranks pages, so don’t underestimate the power of adding video to your law firm’s website.
Pro Tip #2:
The video content you use on behalf of your firm needs to reflect the quality of your practice—a 30-second video recorded on your iPhone while sitting behind your desk simply won’t do. If you want your practice to have a polished, professional air, you must work with professional videographers who know how to capture your firm in the right light and context.
2) Video can increase your online conversions
Video is one of the most powerful conversion tools on the Internet.
Why does it work so well?
Because it connects with people on every level.
- Visual elements
Eliciting a significantly greater emotional response from the viewer.
Captivating your viewer with a relatable, informative, and emotional video exponentially increases the chances that they will convert (contact you) and become a new lead for your firm.
A single video gives you the ability to build familiarity and trust with your viewer in a matter of minutes, or even seconds.
It might take the same person seeing one of your text ads numerous times or reading several of your blog posts to build the same level of trust with your firm.
Here are a few reasons video is more likely to resonate with your audience and drive them to take action:
- The human brain can process visual information 60,000 times faster than text.
- The average person retains 95% of a message when it is in a video, whereas retention of information through text alone is only 10%.
- Adding video to pages on your website can increase your conversion rate by 80%.
Considering you’re trying to reach people who are facing criminal charges (and have their futures on the line), you will need to produce videos that immediately establish trust with the viewer.
Here are a few tips for making your video marketing more powerful and drive more conversions:
- Connect with the viewer. (“I understand what you’re going through, and I want to help you.”)
- Share your passion and drive for what you do.(“My number one priority is to protect your rights and your freedom.”)
- Convey the knowledge and expertise you have in your field of law. (“I’ve been practicing criminal defense for over 20 years.”)
- Deliver a clear call to action. (“Click here for more information.”)
Video Increases Sales
With effective video marketing, your criminal defense practice gets:
- Better search engine rankings.
- More website traffic.
- More visibility.
- More shares.
- Greater brand familiarity.
- A higher level of memorability.
- The ability to establish trust with potential clients.
Which ultimately results in more leads, more clients, and more revenue for your firm.
If you haven’t added video marketing to your criminal defense firm’s marketing strategy yet, it’s time to start!
Contact Scorpion today to learn more.