On a scale of 1 to 5, how appealing is your firm to the modern-day consumer?
I’m talking about the consumer who…
- Relies on Siri, Alexa, or Google Assistant for their day-to-day questions and needs.
- Spends their downtime watching YouTube videos and browsing their social media feeds.
- Turns to search engines like Google or Bing to find everything from the closest coffee shop to answers to their most pressing legal questions.
The reality is this type of consumer doesn’t just describe the tech-savvy Millennial or Gen-Zer who was practically born with a smartphone in their hands.
It now describes most of your prospective client base.
Because the evolution of technology and the rising mobility in Internet access has changed the mindset, journey, and preferences of the everyday consumer.
And that means you need to change the way you market your law firm to these potential clients.
Here’s a breakdown of the various ways your law firm’s prospects are evolving….
A changing mindset
Today’s digitally connected consumers have unfettered access to information. With a quick Google search on their smartphone or a question for Siri on their smartwatch, they can get their questions answered within seconds.
So when they’re searching for a product or service, consumers have endless options to choose from.
As a result, individuals legal consumers have become accustomed to CHOICE.
Choice of a firm. Choice of attorney. Choice of methods for reaching out to that attorney, etc.
And as a result, people are paying closer attention to VALUE.
- Who is the BEST attorney?
- Which lawyer can I really trust with my case?
- Who is delivering helpful information right off the bat?
So if you want your firm to stand out from the competition, you need to do two things:
- Be present when prospective clients need you (e.g. when they’re searching for legal services like yours online.)
- Prove your firm’s value (e.g. offering helpful blogs and demonstrating what sets your firm apart.)
And that comes through effective digital marketing.
A changing journey
In the past, when someone needed to hire an attorney, they would:
- Ask around for a referral.
- Look up a lawyer in the phone book.
- Call whichever attorney they saw on a billboard.
But today’s client journey is different. Today, the first place consumers turn to find a lawyer is an Internet.
Nearly 90% of consumers do some form of online research before paying for a product or service, and that applies to the legal industry as well.
A changing client
As your client’s mindset and journey evolve, so do their preferences.
In today’s get-it-now digital age, consumers want more than just legal services—they want a seamless client experience.
(80% of clients feel the experience created by a firm is as important as the services it offers.)
And this experience doesn’t just start when the client officially hires you...it starts during their very first engagement with your firm, whether that engagement is a paid search ad or a blog on your website.
How to create a digital presence that gets you more clients
So as you plan and refine your Internet marketing strategy for 2019, ask yourself this question:
Is my firm living up to the expectations of the modern client?
Here a few strategies you can use to ensure you’re giving your prospects what they want:
- Build a website that’s easy to use on all devices (desktops, tablets, smartphones, etc.).
- Produce helpful digital content that answers your prospects questions, delivers value, and improves the client experience.
- Create marketing messages that clearly demonstrate the qualities what set your firm apart, and show prospects why your firm is the #1 choice.
And if you have any questions about how you can improve your firm’s legal digital marketing strategy, call (866) 344-8852 or message us here.