SEO is all about having the right tools. This includes strong content, well-balanced optimization, a solid online footprint, persuasive marketing messages, and a myriad of other factors.
But there’s one tool you may have overlooked: your competitors.
An individualized strategy to sell your business is the crux of a robust marketing campaign, but competitors have something to bring to the table too. In fact, keeping a close watch on other players in the SEO race is a great way to keep your website on the cutting edge of online marketing.
Get to Know Your Competitors’ Campaigns & Build a Stronger One
An in-depth understanding of competitor websites should never lead to imitation; it should help you see ways to create a marketing strategy to beat them.
Some important questions to consider:
- How do my competitors motivate visitors to choose their businesses instead of mine?
- What tactics can I use to create a marketing message that counters these incentives?
- Why should customers choose my business and how can I promote this selling point on my site?
Understand Your Market & Where Your Business Fits In It
Whether you’re kick-starting a new campaign or improving an longstanding one, it is imperative to understand your market and your customers. By analyzing businesses who offer services similar to your own, you can develop an overall picture of your market and discover where your business can effectively enter it.
Using Competitor Analysis to Improve Your Website Optimization
It’s no secret that SEO is a moving target. As Google continues to update and improve its method for selecting relevant search results, your site must develop with these standards. By taking a closer look at competitors, you can gain valuable insight about Google updates and avoid techniques that aren’t working for other websites.
Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats
A SWOT matrix (or SWOT analysis) uses four factors – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats – to create optimal strategies for businesses, management, and more. It also applies to Internet marketing. This detailed approach is especially useful for competitor analysis and can help you bulletproof your marketing venture against current and future obstacles.
Using a SWOT analysis to bolster your internet marketing strategy:
- Identify strengths in your marketing strategy and your competitor’s campaigns
- Understand which tactics you should avoid that your competitors employ
- Identify gaps in your target market and turn them into opportunities for your campaign
- Recognize your most prominent competitors and create marketing strategy to compete with them
If you’re looking to boost your Internet marketing campaign, get in touch with the experts at Scorpion Design today.