Contractors, plumbers, roofers, painters, and all other home services professionals, we have some good news for you… home renovation and repair spending is on the upswing!
Thanks to the recovery of the U.S. housing market (more sales and higher home prices), we’re seeing more prospective sellers fixing up their properties, as well as more remodels and repairs by individuals who have just purchased new homes. This is all according to the Leading Indicator of Remodeling Activity (LIRA)—industry growth data just released by the Remodeling Futures Program at the Joint Center for Housing Studies (JCHS) of Harvard University.
The latest data projects that home improvement and repair spending will grow to $314.5 billion in the first quarter of 2017, representing 8% year-over-year growth. This is well above the historical average of 4.9% growth, according to the research center’s analysis of the data. Abbe Will, Research Analyst in the Remodeling Futures Program, said the national remodeling market should be close to complete recovery by the middle of next year, bouncing back from one of the worst downtowns ever recorded.
Don’t Miss Out on the Opportunity to Grow Your Business
With the home renovation and repair industry jumping back into full gear, contractors and other home improvement and repair professionals need to be ready to take advantage of all the new work. If you aren’t aggressively marketing yourself, job after job will go to your competitors. If you haven’t already started, it’s time to power up your marketing—and that includes your digital marketing strategy.
In today’s day and age, the Internet is a huge part of how consumers find local service professionals. Studies show that 97% of Internet users go online to search for products and services in their local areas. If you don’t have a strong online presence, there’s a good chance you are missing out on new customers who are looking for services just like yours.
If you want to improve your online presence, you’ll need:
- A beautifully-designed, mobile-friendly website that showcases why your business is the best choice for the online user’s needs
- A search engine optimization (SEO) strategy that helps your website pop up in the natural (unpaid) search results when potential customers type in keywords related to your services and geographic area
- Search ads (pay-per-click ads) that allows you to better target the types of online users you want as customers and gives you more visibility in search results
- A social media presence on sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram to help raise awareness about your services
- A solid online reputation through your online listings and reviews (Yelp, Angie’s List, HomeAdvisor, Houzz, etc.) to help potential customers find and choose your business
Not sure how to get started on improving your web presence? Don’t worry—our home services marketing professionals can do all the legwork for you. We’ll help you get found by your most ideal customers, stand out from your competition, and generate new jobs on a consistent basis.
Contact Scorpion today to speak with a member of our team!