As the Payroll Administrator, you will manage employee data, ensure the accuracy of timesheets, and ensure that bi-weekly payroll is accurately processed and our team of hardworking Scorpions is paid on time. You will serve as the main point of contact for all inquiries and concerns related to payroll. Additionally, you will provide day-to-day administrative support to the accounting team.
- Provide information and field employee questions about payroll related matters
- Manage electronic timekeeping systems
- Calculate payable hours, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions
- Issue paychecks and manage direct deposits
- Prepare and issue earnings statements
- Run ad hoc earnings reports for upper management
- Manage and maintain various state and local employer filings, workers comp reporting, audits, etc.
- Maintain employee records and coordinate with the HR team to ensure correct employee data
- Respond to third-party verification of employment and earnings requests in a timely manner
- Support the accounting team with day-to-day administrative support
- 3+ years of experience processing payroll for a large organization of 500+ employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting preferred
- A solid understanding of applicable laws and regulations related to payroll, deductions, garnishments, etc.
- Highly detail oriented, analytical, and a desire to work with numbers day in and day out
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, Google Sheets & Docs, and ADP Workforce Now or other payroll software
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong prioritization and multitasking skills
- Experience with state filings
- Working knowledge of of relevant legal regulations
- Some experience with journal entries and general accounting is a plus