As a Technical Project Manager you are responsible for working with both internal team members and clients in order to successfully develop and maintain third-party API integrations on a client’s website that achieve the client’s goals for the integration and contribute to the success of the client’s business. You will also need to be able to communicate client’s goals to your internal teams, as well as, third parties you will be working with to ensure the integrations are created and deployed with the intent of achieving those goals. You will also be tasked with having an understanding of the different types of integrations that are within Scorpion’s wheelhouse to develop and how they fundamentally work.
You will gather and document requirements for integrations that can be clearly understood by development. You will be tasked with providing project oversight and project management support to internal teams, clients, and third parties, so you will need to be able to troubleshoot support tasks, identify the appropriate owners for those tasks, ensure tasks are completed, and accurately report the status of those tasks back to your project stakeholders.
The goal of this role is to ensure that your clients (both internal and external) are given the best experience, and that the end product produced is a functional and high-quality API integration that is reliable, achieves the client’s marketing goals and is sustainable.
- Properly scope out integration projects
- Clearly define specifications for projects to eliminate, or at least greatly reduce, back-and-forth and scope creep
- Resource plan, communicate the scheduling internally and keep to the set timelines
- If deadlines are not hit, you are responsible for aligning expectations with Marketing, the PM and/or the client
- Properly communicate all client technical needs to the development teams (this includes pre- and post-launch projects and support requests)
- Maintain strong inter-departmental relationships as the main technical liaison between development and Delivery and Marketing
- Maintain a solution-oriented mindset that accounts for the needs of all teams that interact with your product
- Keep the management apprised of any issues that come up regarding timeline changes and client satisfaction
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in Technical Project Management or a similar field
- Thorough understanding of website development and website integrations
- The ability to perform initial troubleshooting of problems/issues that arise with current or new integrations
- Understands and can simply communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical teams
- Make complex or abstract ideas or situations clear, simple, and/or understandable
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrates a commitment to serve and satisfy internal and external customers; holds self accountable for all deliverables
- Strong organization skills - Plans, prioritizes, and organizes work responsibilities; manages several tasks at once
- Elicits cooperation from internal and external teams
- Strong work ethic
- Does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently