As a Digital PR specialist, you will work with the SEO, content, and social media teams to drive brand awareness for Scorpion’s clients. You should have persuasive writing skills and an understanding of what makes a story newsworthy.
Even if you’re brilliantly creative, PR for small and medium-sized businesses requires a lot of hustle. Without the credibility of a Fortune 500 brand to rely on, you’ll have to work a lot harder to get the media to open your email, let alone listen to your idea. Building relationships with bloggers, journalists, and other industry influencers is a great first step. Being able to leverage empath and behavioral psychology to write a persuasive pitch seals the deal.
Your success will be measured by the number of PR mentions and links earned to clients’ websites, as well as growth in organic traffic. There will be opportunities for internal progression as Scorpion’s PR service grows. This could include overseeing the PR strategy for clients involved in specific industry verticals as a Digital PR Lead, or further opportunities to move into a Director of PR and Communications role.
- Generate creative ideas to get clients mentioned in the media in order to grow visibility through SEO
- Grow brand awareness by pitching thought leadership stories such as guest articles and interviews on third-party websites
- Promote blog posts and press releases on different channels such as social media, forums, and online communities
- Write quotes on behalf of clients as expert commentary in media publications
- Nurture and develop relationships with journalists and bloggers
- Conduct internet research to develop contact target lists
- Monitor and report campaign results (performance, learnings, opportunities for improvement, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- PR, link building, or sales experience preferred
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and strong attention to detail
- Prior experience working in a digital agency or fast-paced environment
- Relentless, thick skin, and empathetic attributes
- Experience with A/B testing preferred but not required
- Knowledge of tools such as HARO, BuzzSumo, TrendKite, Ahrefs, and/or Clearbit would be an added bonus