Scorpion is looking for a Data Architect to join our team! As a Data Architect, you will play a central role in Scorpion’s data maturation by leading a project to improve the accessibility, quality, and structure of Scorpion’s data systems. With your unique combination of deep technical expertise and collaborative ability, you’ll help to realize a unified data architecture that can meet the needs of data science, business intelligence, and application engineering.
- Determine database structural requirements by analyzing client or internal operations, applications, and programming.
- Accurately handle the migration of data from legacy systems to new systems.
- Design new methods to source data effectively and efficiently.
- Visualize and conceptualize solutions to store and retrieve information.
- Consult for the optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Analyze on-premises database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, or other Commercial DB Engines to Open Source Engines like Aurora PostgreSQL/MySQL or RedShift, DynamoDB
- Optimize the database architecture through regular monitoring and troubleshooting / assess and implement ways to improve the system’s performance.
- Review business requests for data and data usage.
- Improve data governance across the engineering organization, including training in best practices, defining conventions, and improving documentation.
- 5+ years experience as a data architect dealing with web-scale data (billions of records / week) and performance demands.
- Prior experience developing resilient data architectures balancing disparate needs of data science, BI, and application engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, statistics, or other related field required.
- Deep experience in data modeling, ETL/ELT workflow management & ability to write, tune SQL queries .
- Experience in Python, Spark, SQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Experience migrating critical database environments from one platform to another in a multi-stakeholder environment.
- Experience coordinating with C-Level leadership to craft their Database Architecture and IT Strategies.
- Experience in writing procedural language artifacts: PL/SQL, T-SQL, PL/pgSQL, stored procedures.
- Experience with Azure products and technologies.