About the Solutions Engineer role on our Franchise Client Delivery Team:
As a Solutions Engineer, you are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the web development process. You will work with the sales team and website development team to advise on the technical capabilities of our franchise website solution and how it can be adapted to fit the client’s needs. As our Solutions Engineer, you will be the subject matter expert regarding our proprietary Scorpion franchise systems.
You will be responsible for uncovering client needs for website systems and relaying our out-of-the-box system capabilities. If custom solutions are needed, you will work with the appropriate Developers and Product Developers to create scopes of works and manage the technical solution, including communicating limitations and costs to the client. You will need to provide scopes of work that take into account resource availability, project timeline, and client budget.
You will be responsible for developing quality system documentation and user manuals. You will help train and educate other team members on the capabilities of our franchise systems. The goal of this role is to ensure that the system requirements for our client's websites are understood and accounted for in the website development process producing an end product that is a functional and high-quality, user-friendly website that achieves the client’s marketing goals.
- Work with Sales and the Development Team to answer technical questions in the RFP and Sales scoping process.
- Identify customer’s technical needs and produce technical specifications, scopes of work and other documentation to ensure the proper completion and adaptation of Scorpion’s franchise systems to the client’s.
- Prepare cost estimates and scopes of work by studying all related customer documents, consulting with Engineers, Developers, and other team members.
- Identify areas where we can improve our system solutions or modify them to answer common business challenges and communicate those ideas and solutions to upper management.
- Fluently speak to Scorpion Franchise system capabilities and limitations to internal team members, our Sales Team, and clients.
- Determine and define clear deliverables, timelines, and required resources required for specific projects or initiatives.
- Create, update and maintain product/system documentation.
- Responsible for project management of technical solutions.
- Responsible for escalating critical business risks on projects to management.
- Ability to communicate fluently and concisely to senior leaders, clients, and executives.
- Can translate complex engineering into easy-to-understand communication (written and verbal).
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the Product Development Team to drive the needs of individual projects and larger product changes.
- Ability to interact with product managers, customer experience teams, website project managers, and developers to achieve project success.
Qualifications & Experience Needed:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in product management, project management, technical project management, or sales or solution engineering roles.
- Experience working with digital products and working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in managing significant, cross-functional projects and/or initiatives.
- Comfortability translating product requirements into technical specifications and scopes of work.
- Experience with the product, system, or technical documentation.
- Experience with responding to RFP’s preferred, but not required.
- Experience with MS SQL Database and operating systems.
- Excellent written & verbal communication.
- Ability to self-manage and juggle multiple priorities.
- Extremely detail-oriented, and organized.
- Precise critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and does what it takes to get the job done and naturally goes the extra mile.
- Comfortable communicating with clients.
- Experience using project management software such as TeamGantt, Monday, Trello, Asana, ClickUp, Smartsheet.
- While our project process follows Waterfall methodology, experience with Agile is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Maintaining a solution-oriented mindset that accounts for the needs of all teams that interact with your product.