About the Senior Payroll Administrator role:
The Senior Payroll Administrator’s duties include overseeing and supervising the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This role will also own audits, system integrations and controls as they pertain to payroll.
- Manage and oversee the daily workflow of the Payroll function.
- Process payroll as needed.
- Provide coverage and backup to the Payroll Administrator.
- Partner with the Payroll Administrator on daily tasks, including answering employee questions, VOE’s, working through state payroll tax correspondence and submitting payroll.
- Perform monthly, quarterly & annual reconciliations of payroll figures.
- Partner with People Operations with respect to employee onboarding and other matters.
- Facilitate audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Provide information and respond to employee questions about payroll related matters.
- Run ad hoc payroll reports for management.
- Post monthly journal entries for payroll accruals and allocations, and importing pay batch data into Sage Intacct general ledger.
- Ensure employee records, titles, positions, cost center data, etc. are kept up to date.
- Manage and maintain various state and local employer filings, workers comp reporting, audits, etc.
- Provide administrative assistance to the accounting department as needed.
- Proficient with ADP Workforce Now
- Degree in business administration, finance, or accounting required
- 7+ years of payroll experience
- Payroll administration experience for 500+ employees (1,000 or more a plus)
- Experience with State Payroll Related Filings
- Experience with journal entries and general accounting
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications, Google Sheets and Docs
- Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of relevant legal regulations
- Able to prioritize and multitask effectively