We are looking for a highly qualified Database Administrator to support the existing and upcoming database environments that drive the ongoing innovation of our products.
- Install and maintain the performance of database servers.
- Develop processes for optimizing database security.
- Set and maintain database standards.
- Performance tuning of database systems.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Recommend and implement emerging database technologies.
- Assist and drive database-as-code for fast development and deployment.
- Perform regular patching/updates of database servers.
- Develop and manage backup and DR plans for Scorpion’s databases.
- Be available for on-call support as needed.
- 5+ years of experience of MSSQL administration, both the application as well as TSQL.
- Must have either a BA in Computer Science or 10 years of database experience.
- Understanding of transactional and analytical database design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of MSSQL platform and engine, including performing tuning and optimization.
- Understanding of database development processes, schema changes in source code, rollbacks, etc.
- High proficiency in analyzing and investigating MSSQL errors and warnings.