About the Senior Director of Engineering - Integrations role:
As the leader of the Franchise technical team, you will be responsible for ensuring the technical quality of our clients' websites. You will be tasked with ensuring the technical team is efficient and effective. You will work with the product team to ensure our developers and website teams have the tools and resources needed to be effective in their jobs.
This role requires an innovative thinker who is well versed in website technology and has strong collaboration and organizational skills. This role must be well versed in both front-end code and back-end systems to guide the team, uphold code standards, and work with the product team to make continual updates to our CMS and various systems.
This is a leadership role and you will be responsible for managing the Franchise Technical resources, creating ongoing training and growth plans for Franchise Tech, and you will need to be able to interface with Franchise clients on an “as needed” basis to assist in scoping projects, helping the sales team uncover technical needs, helping explain technical issues, and to provide overall guidance.
This role will play an integral part in managing existing issues and deficiencies within the Franchise Team and developing new processes to ensure efficiency in the website development process, ongoing maintenance of our franchise sites, and the client experience moving forward. This person will also need to be thinking with a business-first mindset to help uncover the business needs of our clients and problem solve for a technical solution or product feature advancement.
- Manage all Franchise Tech team members
- Work with other teams, such as our Product team to shore up cross-team processes
- Evaluate and deliver technical timeline estimates for small and large internal and external projects
- Scope technical needs for new projects and plan resources and coordination with product teams accordingly
- Proactively communicate with Project/Delivery Team and Marketing Team Leads and Developers in regards to each ongoing project to ensure product success
- Stay up to date on the latest coding strategies, best practices, trending methodologies and troubleshooting, and tactical technologies useful to our environment and implement necessary training for your team
- Be a team player and advocate for best practices and methodologies
- Able to approach and adapt to changing needs with a positive mindset and pivot quickly from one project to another
- Help develop processes for things such as ADA adherence, page speed optimization, and more
- Interface with clients based on specific Technical requests or projects
- Create a thorough Technical QC process for all Franchise Projects and ensure that quality standards are being adhered to by all technical team members
- Create and manage Training and ongoing education for members of the Franchise Tech Team
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate a group
- Oversees development and maintenance of user documentation or training materials
- 7+ years of experience in software development with demonstrable experience having worked on back-end development
- 3+ years of experience in a leadership role
- Must have experience in the management of technical resources or developers
- Knowledge in .NET & ASP.NET, Visual Studio, Soap, Restful, SQL Server (SSIS, Stored Procedures)
- Possesses expert knowledge of the subject matter