We are looking for an Internal Communication Specialist / Technical Writer to join our People Operations department. The position requires an experienced, creative, talented, and motivated communications specialist to assist with the development and creation of both strategy and content to support Scorpion’s employee experience and People Operations functions.
This role will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and distribution of all organization job descriptions, guidelines and communications and external job postings. A background in HR coupled with the ability to excellent written communication skills is imperative to the success of this role. If you’re hungry to relay information in an engaging, clear way and are eager to help create the best possible employee experience, this is the place for you!
Please submit one job description writing sample in addition to one research-based writing sample when applying for this position. Please include writing samples as additions to your resume document or links to a Google Doc/Portfolio.
- Researches industry-standard job descriptions and job postings as a foundation for understanding role-specific expectations
- Reviews current Scorpion job descriptions and communicates with department leaders and Subject Matter Experts to understand comprehensive expectations
- Explains all role-specific, technical concepts in simple written language
- Edits all content for factual accuracy, grammatical correctness, and adjusts as needed to adhere to Scorpion’s in-house standards
- Writes and maintains clear and concise policies and procedures through collaboration with SVP of People Operations & Chief of People
- Maintains a library of all job postings for the Talent Acquisition team to use when requisitions are opened
- 2-4 years of experience in a Human Resources related position (required)
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business, or English (preferred)
- SHRM-CP or PHR (preferred)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite