The SOM will be the sales team’s business partner, supporting revenue growth and increasing sales productivity by providing accurate analytics, efficient processes, customer segmentation, territory management, cutting edge sales tools and facilitating the flow of communication between all stakeholders. The SOM will have ultimate ownership of the sales forecast, shouldering responsibility for implementing and maintaining adherence to processes that ensure its accuracy. In short, you will be the standard bearer for operational excellence in all things sales related.
The position will also apply analytical, problem-solving and leadership skills while engaging sales team members and interdepartmental resources in the execution of streamlined sales processes.
The primary objective is to improve business function and sales productivity.
- This position does not generally manage any employees.
- Coordinate with corporate marketing on any and all efforts and maintain a schedule of when things are going to happen and keep the sales team informed.
- Ensure that targeted accounts are high-quality, updated with the most accurate data and the admin in the CRM is always current.
- Be encouraging, supportive, responsive, proactive, and always looking to set the sales team up for success.
- Participate in the sales team meetings and ensure actions are documented and executed upon.
- Document meetings and report meetings notes to the team, ensuring the team is taking necessary action on documented action items.
- Report the team activity metrics and statistics to sales leadership weekly/monthly/quarterly.
- Look for new opportunities within cold leads, sales qualified leads, and new lead lists.
- Manage communication and coordination between sales and all other internal departments.
- Ensure all sales team members are properly executing the sales play, identifying areas for improvement.
- Create and maintain documentation (SOPs) for key sales processes, assist with onboarding of new Sales reps, and additional tasks as required
- Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Analytical Ability
- Project Management
- Results Oriented
- Excellent Communication
- Interpersonal Skills
- Time Management
- Proactive Mindset
Success Metrics / Expected Output
- Consistent, accurate reporting of metrics to Sales Leadership
- Ongoing insights derived from data delivered to Sales Leadership that can be used for coaching and development
- Work with Technology and System Development teams to help deliver updates to the CRM
- Support the creation, development and updating of training materials used by the sales team
- Ongoing tracking and reporting of sales attainment
- Creation and monitoring of games, contests and spiffs for sales team mojo
- Manage and create territories
- Ensure sales lead volume is always at the required level
- Support Sales Team in all non-selling activities
- Assist the team in hitting all quarterly sales goals
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in business or sales operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Products & CRM use
- Advanced Excel skills (data filters, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Data connections, Macros) is a plus
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time, salary non-exempt position.
- Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- This position may require some long work hours, weekend work, and travel.
- Must be able to use a computer and remain in a stationary position 95% of the day
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time
- This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
- This job description is subject to change at any time