***Note*** This is not a technical/engineering-focused project or program management position.
About the Senior Strategy Project Manager role:
Strategic project managers focus on achieving business results to ensure the long-term success and profitability of the company. Instead of focusing on short-term results, such as meeting deadlines and operating within the budget, strategic project managers have a long-term perspective. They ensure that their project’s goals align with the company’s strategic mission and objectives.
- Oversee strategic business initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of senior leadership and departmental heads
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Develop processes to ensure consistent and systematic reporting regarding the progress of initiatives, key metrics, key dependencies, and other similar items. Prepare reports summarizing the initiative to enable discussion by the executive team
- Serve as liaison between staff, executives, senior leaders, and CEO, regarding company climate, employee well-being, project updates, proposals, and planning
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA a plus but not required
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience in working with senior executives and across multiple departments
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Experience with data analysis
- Strategic mindset
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication