About the System Engineer role at Scorpion:
We are seeking a System Engineer who is: self-motivated, innovative, works well under pressure, and collaborates well with others. As the System Engineer, you will be responsible for overseeing the Infrastructure as well as working on high-level projects for Scorpion. Strong communication skills (verbal and written) are required to support our internal teams and keep the business running, all while giving your “next level” of effort.
- Configure, monitor and support existing physical and virtual Windows infrastructure
- Build and install new server infrastructure as needed
- Maintain existing onsite Active Directory and supporting components
- Maintain production-level up time for physical and virtual infrastructure
- Maintain onsite and offsite storage and backups
- Investigate production outages, and help determine root causes/implement fixes
- Make recommendations and implement changes to improve system performance
- Develop and maintain documentation for system and platform architecture
- Maintain a customer-focused service attitude and work ethic
- Coordination with the rest of the IT department on projects.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 + years of experience working with Windows Servers.
- Must have experience with virtualization technologies (VMWare ESXi and Center).
- Must have experience with Exchange Server and O365 Exchange Administration.
- Must have experience working within Azure and AWS environments.
- Must have experience with Backup Technologies and Disaster Recovery.
- A competency in verbal and written communication skills