About the Senior UI Designer role at Scorpion:
We have an opening on our remarkable Product Design Team! We are a creative collective responsible for driving Scorpion’s high-quality design of features for web and mobile platforms, and we thrive on brainstorming and developing innovative ways to propel usability, design, and technology forward. Here at Scorpion, we believe that inspiration breeds confidence and innovation. From either day one on the job or your onsite interview day, you will recognize that Scorpion’s all share a common purpose to be the best in their field and strive to become thought leaders.
We are seeking an ambitious and visual design focused Senior UI Designer. As our Senior UI Designer, you can expect no less than to be apart of a welcoming and diverse team that is no stranger to pushing the boundaries in design.
- You will be ensuring deliverables are detailed and adhere to high standards.
- You will collaborate with fellow Designers to build upon Scorpion’s unique product designs.
- You will lead design life cycles for projects, including collaborating in brainstorm sessions and assessing user response, high fidelity wire frames, user flows, meticulous UI design, and prototyping.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, fellow Designers, and Engineers in projects from inception to execution, aiming to solve goals while always keeping the user in mind.
- We want you to contribute to establishing and evolving the look and feel of brand new products.
- We want you to fiercely solve problems, think beyond the box, and explore new opportunities, leveraging up and coming technologies, design best practices, and emerging trends.
What you’ll need:
- A portfolio consisting of polished & client-ready UX Design examples.
- 5+ years of relevant UI design experience, including demonstrated experience in designing visually compelling consumer mobile interfaces.
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a sound understanding of visual communication.
- Must be familiar with proven and emerging tools for interface design and prototyping, including XD, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, and good old fashioned pen & paper. If you have used Sketch or Figma in the past, XD will be easy to learn.
- Familiarity with the design sprint process and rapid prototyping.
- Must have an understanding and knowledge of user-centered design principles and methodologies.
- We’re looking for a collaborative team player, please!
- Recent and relevant experience in an agency or start-up environment a plus.