About the Brand Strategist role at Scorpion:
Scorpion is looking for a driven, analytical, strategic, creative and results-oriented Brand Strategist. We are looking for an expert in using, designing, analyzing and interpreting various research methodologies -- secondary and primary, qualitative and quantitative -- to discover key consumer insights and profiling to drive brand strategy and inform the marketing strategy. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and clear communicator who has a leadership mentality. You must be confident, responsible, detail-oriented and strategic. The Brand Strategist should be viewed as a thought leader and have the ability to create big wins for our clients.
Deliverable's from the Account Planner will include:
- Brand audit
- “Why” statements
- Consumer research synthesis
- Brand positioning matrix
- Brand positioning
- Brand architecture
- Consumer personas
- Consumer journey mapping and analysis
- Consumer insight analysis & interpretation
- Creative briefs
- Brand guidelines (sans graphic standards)
How you will bring your expertise to life at Scorpion:
- You will lead brainstorming sessions with internal teams, maintaining strategic and creative thinking to develop innovative and actionable initiatives in a fiscally responsible manner.
- You will create and conduct stakeholder interviews with clients, interacting, uncovering, and presenting to clients.
- You will be able to present, or oversee the presentation of final strategic concepts, and obtain approvals for deliverables.
- You will be responsible for leading and participating in client work sessions.
- You will get to help with the sales process, scope of work, and proposals.
- As a Lead on our agency team, you will be responsible for mentoring incoming junior talent.
- You will develop a brand strategy, brand positioning, and brand architecture pieces.
- You will get to collaborate with our agency's Creative Director, Marketing Strategist and other key team members in developing a brand strategy for clients.
- You will assess the client’s brand acumen and efficacy, and fill in the gaps by helping our clients discover, establish and drive the brand within Scorpion’s deliverables.
- You will create and defend compelling, fact-based stories.
- You will write or edit the creative brief for every deliverable. Brief should include client background, business issues, details about the target audience and a concise, clear strategy to evaluate the creative work against.
What you'll need:
- 4+ years of strategy experience within an agency.
- A solid background in data-driven strategy.
- A proven record in developing strategic plans that benefit your former and/or current clients.
- Must be a highly collaborative team player.
- The drive to thrive in both independent and collaborative work environments.
- Possess a strong understanding of analytics, branding framework and the media landscape.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills i.e. must have the ability to interact with executives, company owners, and founders.
- Track record of building strong brands.
- Ability to develop, communicate and execute an overall strategic vision for clients.
- Strong project management skills – ability to ensure deadlines and milestones are met by internal and external teams.
- As the representative of our company to clients, you must be personable, solution-minded, polished and results-oriented.
- You must have the ability to think big picture while building road maps to execute in a fast-paced environment.