About the Dev Ops Engineer role at Scorpion:
As our DevOps Engineer, you will support our growing Engineering Teams to build & release pipelines and environment management. You will get to create new designs for a growing number of distributed systems and will design and implement the tools and processes used for deployment and change management. You will be responsible for planning and executing on configuration management, disaster recovery drills, and software performance analysis and system tuning.
- You will own, maintain, and continuously improve all systems provided as a service, such as monitoring and data-stores.
- You will be able to engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, anticipating performance bottlenecks.
- You will automate resource provisioning and allocation process.
- You will participate in rotating on-call duties.
- You will put together mobile pipelines for Android and iOS releases.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of industry experience in engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems (processes, threads, IPC, concurrency, locks, mutexes, semaphores, etc.).
- Experience working with Unix/Linux & Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, with experience working with system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols.
- Experience with network protocols and theory (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or other Build & Release Management.
- Systematic problem-solving approach
- Strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Powershell scripting knowledge.
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems a plus.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Azure a plus.